Genzyme is committed to advancing the understanding of Gaucher disease and other inherited disorders. As part of this commitment, Genzyme offers access to information and support services for healthcare providers and patients with genetic diseases.
Genzyme Medical Information
For information about Gaucher disease or ongoing clinical trials, please contact Genzyme Medical Information from 8am until 6pm EST, Monday through Friday at:
1-800-745-4447, option 2 (toll free)
1-617-768-9000, option 2
Genzyme Care Coordination in the U.S.
With almost 20 years of experience, Case Managers in Genzyme's Patient and Product Services Department provide free and voluntary care coordination, support and services to individuals living with Gaucher disease who reside in the United States. Genzyme Case Managers are healthcare professionals employed by Genzyme committed to helping individuals connect with all resources available to them.
Information you provide will always be kept confidential. Genzyme offers these Care Coordination services in strict compliance with patient privacy regulations (HIPAA).
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with Gaucher disease, you may have questions or concerns - we can help. We understand that each person with Gaucher disease has their own unique story and experience. Our Case Managers are ready to listen and tailor their services to fit your individual needs.
Care coordination services provided by Genzyme Case Managers include:
- One-on-one, personalized support for you and your family members
- Information about diagnostic testing and medical experts for Gaucher disease in your area
- Identify insurance or alternative funding options for testing and evaluations related to Gaucher disease
- Disease-related educational materials for you, your family and medical providers
- Information about the Gaucher Registry
- Coordination and exchange of information between you, your healthcare providers, insurers and others who play a role in the diagnosis and treatment of Gaucher disease as needed
If you reside in the United States and would like to speak with a Case Manager in your area, you can call between 8am and 6pm, EST Monday - Friday:
1-800-745-4447 (option 3) or
1-617-768-9000 (option 3)
Your Call, Our Commitment
Spanish-speaking Case Managers as well as interpreters for other languages are available.
Gaucher cells accumulate and displace healthy normal cells in bone marrow and organs such as the liver and spleen. This accumulation causes a host of signs, including skeletal deterioration, anemia, and organ dysfunction.